11.10.2009

Thankful #10



I am thankful for our library! We have one of the best library systems here in Ohio. When I first got here, I couldn't believe it. They've got an incredible inter-library loan system and I have never searched for a book that I couldn't find. It has helped me out so much in our fertility pursuits and our journey through adoption. Whenever a new movie comes out, I can reserve it and as soon as it's available they send me an email. We have seen so many movies for free! It's awesome.
I am constantly amazed by the amount of information that is at our disposal. I always think about the vast amount of effort and struggle that people have put forth in the past to make this information available for me to gain just by reading! It almost feels like cheating, doesn't it? I will forever be thankful for the efforts of others that make me a happier, healthier person. I so admire people who have a gift for writing. Beautiful writing resonates with me just like music does. I love that the written word still gives space for interpretation. There is no inflection or intonation given by an audible voice. It can transport you into worlds and situations that would never be possible in real life. Words have a certain magic and power to them I think. I am so grateful that I am (for the most part ;)  ) literate and able to feast on the beauty that others create.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails