4.22.2008

In honor of Earth Day....


My sister (Nicole) sent me a link to this video. (click on the picture to get to the video) It is a must see. I think you'll agree with me that it is worth your time. It's made me think a lot about the way we purchase and use things.



One thing that I've been kind of shocked/appalled about is how hard recycling is in some of the communities I've lived in. When I was younger and lived in Seattle, recycling was just a part of life. They gave you a DISCOUNT on your garbage if you recycled and provided you with a separate full sized trash can with dividers inside to recycle all your paper, glass and cans, etc. My other sister lives in Kansas and there they charge you extra to recycle and don't even let you send in paper and cardboard! I've been keeping my eyes open for a recycling center locally but haven't found one yet, anyone know of one?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails