4.25.2008


As I'm sure most of you have heard, there is a lot about the chemical BPA in the news lately. If you haven't keep reading.
"Earlier this week, the U.S. government's National Toxicology Program said that there is "some concern" about BPA from experiments on rats that linked the chemical to changes in behavior and the brain, early puberty and possibly precancerous changes in the prostate and breast."In Canada, Health Minister Tony Clement said a draft report on bisphenol A has found the chemical could endanger people -- particularly newborns and infants -- and the environment."
BPA can leach out of the plastic and into the food when it is heated. I've been looking through my house and SO many things have this in them! Even a lot of bottles contain BPA, I know that my avent ones do. This is particularly disturbing to me since I read this:

Low doses of Bisphenol A (BPA), can damage the development of young brains, according to new scientific study.

To find out if you something you own could have BPA in it, look at the recycle symbol on the bottom, if it has a #3,6, or 7 in the middle of it could very well have it. I'm thinking that for my next child I might have to go with glass bottles. Who knows what else is in the plastic ones? So I've been searching the web for glass bottles and non-plastic water bottles. These are my favorite bottles I've found so far: (the pictures are links too)


Too bad they're way out of my budget! But a girl can dream can't she?

I also think these are a great idea, you can buy one or two and use them on all your bottles...

1 comments:

The Arizona Leavitt's

It's always better to be safe than sorry, but my doctor told me it was alright to keep using Mckade's bottles that had BPA in them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails