2.11.2008

Okay, it's been forever since I've really updated my blog. Lots of stuff is going on and I'll tell you all about it when I really know what's going on. The real reason I haven't updated is because I can't find my camera cable! I haven't downloaded pics for a loooong time. I don't know why, but I feel like I can't update without pictures! Anyways things around here are good. Bryan's working like crazy on his med school stuff. I've been doing lots of stuff around the house. I've rearranged the living room (again) and made the office into a "den" for Bryan (moved a couch and some more lights in there) so that Bryan can study in comfort. Do any of you rearrange all the time? I can't help it. I think it secretly drives Bryan nuts but he endures my antics well. I just feel like everything is so much cleaner and more organized after it's all been moved around. I had the funniest thought the other day, I thought, "I'm glad none of us are blind... because then I couldn't rearrange all of the time." Of all the reasons to not want to be blind. Yah, I'm a nerd.
Daniel is growing like a weed and he gets smarter everyday. The other day I was out running errands and Bryan was with Daniel, when Daniel wanted to talk to me on the phone. It was our first "real" conversation on the phone and it left me smiling. (he asked if I was still at Costco, if I'd had a good day, said he loved me and then asked when I'd be home, pretty cute) He's also getting more cuddley which is the exact opposite of what I thought would happen as he got older. His new favorite show is the Mickey Mouse Three Musketeers. He runs around all day telling me that I'm the princess and that he'll save me. (Bryan is either his horse or Goofy.... the tall musketeer) It's so fun to get to imagine with him.
We're getting ready for valentine's day around here. I've made of couple of decorations that I'll share with you all when I find my camera cable. Valentine's day is fun for me. When I was little it was always fun to wakeup on Valentine's and go downstairs to see the decorations. My Dad was always the first up and gone in the morning and he'd take the time to put up decorations that led my mother to her valentines day gift. It was always fun to find it even if it wasn't for me! My parents were never affectionate infront of the children, but thinking back I think this was awfully sweet. I wonder what sort of other Valentine's traditions there are out in the world? I've always associated traditions with the religious holidays, but the older I get I find traditions in every part of my life. I still have to figure out what I can do for Bryan for Valentines day.... I'd better figure it our soon!
This last week has been rather crazy for us. We've all been sick to some degree or another with the flu. We'd thought Bryan had been spared, but then he got sick on Saturday and he's been down for the count. I feel really bad for him since he has a test tomorrow. Not fun! Anyways, I have to run, I promise I'll be better at posting!

1 comments:

Kristen Brady

I am a total rearranger as well! Thank heavens for patient husbands! Poor Shawn has to deal with me saying, maybe the piano looks better over there, no, let's move it there, etc.... Aah, love isn't about flowers and chocolates, it's about being willing to put up with your crazy wife and still being glad you are married!

Related Posts with Thumbnails