8.31.2010

Daniel started full day Kindergarten! I can't believe he's old enough to go, but I guess they have to grow up sometime. :( Daniel was thrilled with his new lunch box. This was the only picture I was able to get with him not holding it in front of his face. lol.
At his school they have to wear uniforms, so we spent a week shopping all over for both supplies and clothes! I ended up getting an awesome deal at Old Navy where things were on sale and I had a 30% off coupon. Gotta love those sales!
As I dropped him off he was nervous and I kept having to remind him to answer the "good mornings" all the teachers were sending our way. His anxiety lasted until we reached the door of his classroom and then he didn't even look back. sniff sniff. I had very mixed emotions as I walked to the car. I was excited for him, but sad that our endless days together are over. I don't know if he'll ever stop being my baby.
After I dropped him off I ended up running a bunch of errands and marveled at how much easier they were to do without a 5 yr old. I think I'll be okay after all. ;) When I picked him up from school he hopped into the car and said, "That was awesome!"
Life is good.

3 comments:

Mrs. Lundgreen

Yay! That's so exciting for you! You were both very brave!:)

Washington Hills

Tell your guy that it does not get any cooler than Star Wars: The Clone Wars around here.

Jessie

I know it will be hard, but I'm excited for the girls to get into real school soon (as in within the next year). I'm proud of Daniel. What a big boy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails