9.24.2010

Melt My Heart...


Sending my firstborn to all day Kindergarten was a pretty big deal to me. It has it's pluses and minuses, but overall, I think it's been really good for both Daniel and me. It's also led to some tender moments that just melt my heart. Yesterday as I drove Daniel home* from school he asked me if I could give him a picture of me to take with him to school. He said "Mommy, I just miss you so much when I'm at school and I want a picture of you to look at so I won't miss you so much" Then this morning we were about to leave the house when I gave him a kiss goodbye on his cheek and he said "oops, I think I missed ya there" and then gave me a smooch on the lips. LOL. He's too too sweet. I know he won't be giving me kisses much longer, but I hope he stays this sweet while he grows up. These are the moments Mommies live for.

*Daniel rides the bus in the mornings, but I pick him after school because the bus takes 2 HOURS to get him home. We live .2 miles from the school! (we unfortunately can't walk because of some raised train tracks and no sidewalks, etc) Pretty crazy, huh?

3 comments:

Carol

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Hooray for little boys. And their sweet mommas.

heather

This is darling - what tender moments! I loved the "miss ya there" comment - so sweet!

Mrs. Lundgreen

Oh that is just so great! Have you guys read "The Kissing Hand"? It's a must read for new kindergarteners and their mom's:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails